Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not what I intended to say

So, I am a little humbled tonight. I came here to post something witty and funny about my addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper and continue to rant about how my kids won't give me a break. I can't do that now. I was browsing through one of my favorite reads and found out that another May 2007 mommy lost her little one. Oh, how my heart stops when I hear these things. I mean, I know that tragedy occurs all the time, but to think someone lost their little one that was the same age as my Sweet Pea, just tears me apart. Then, I was listening to the news and this story came on (much more powerful in video, if I find it, I'll re post it). Wow, so much more to life than my petty little complaints.
I spent the afternoon with one of my favorite friends. I am particularly fond of this friend. We've laughed and cried together and we always have something to dish about! I commented today, that I wished I could have half the patience that she does when dealing with her own children (who can be a handful, too). She just smiled and in her sweet voice replied, "Well, I think to myself, what else have I got to do today?" So, tomorrow, I will strive to be more like my dear friend and have more patience and tolerance with my children. After all, what else have I got to do? Absolutely nothing, but cherish this time and know that it is not to be taken for granted.

No comments: